Our Research Skills course develops your ability to conduct independent research that goes far beyond your textbooks or basic internet searches. You will learn how to gather information from a wide range of credible resources and how to structure the research process. You will learn about tools and techniques to save you time and how to reference your sources correctly. By the end of the course you will feel confident about your findings and know how to present them in a clear and convincing way.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Manage your research time in the most efficient way
- Use tools and techniques to organise your research
- Search more deeply for a wide range of sources
- Evaluate sources for credibility
- Use reading strategies to tackle complex texts
- Draw your own conclusions based on research
- Reference your sources correctly
- Share your findings in a clear and convincing way
This course is 100% online and packed full of engaging learning materials, with a personal action plan and a knowledge test for each learner. Additional features are available if you wish to take this course as part of a Study Group.
Designed by Eton College experts
Personal action plan
Interactive tasks, videos & quizzes
Why should I take this course?
This course is right for you if you are aged 14–20 and you want to:
- Become a more independent learner and increase your academic confidence
- Develop your thinking skills and assess the credibility of information that you find.
- Learn how to best plan and organise your research time for essays, extended essays and other projects